View Single Post
Old 03-21-2008, 10:58 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Cobra International body Waltech frame
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne Maybury View Post
My car has an SAAQ registration number (SAAQ is the Quebec auto insurance dept since we have no-fault insurance here). The car is registered as follows: make - home made; model - Cobra; year - 2000.

Wayne
No fault here in Ontario as well, as for most of the country soon to be anyway. As for your reg. It sounds risky and Transport Canada non compliant.

To put it simply.

You Cobra can not be a Cobra if it is a 2000 unless it came from Shelby America and or Superformance.

"Home Made" under their sanction requires you to prove that you built the frame (scratch) and body and a very large percentage of the parts used. very rare, as this title is often used and given to utility trailer builders and not kit builders.

Lastly,
Do not think for one second that you are safe since it made it under the radar and or it will be given amnesty due to some grandfathered rule. My strong inside sources have informed me that they will eventually contact all (including you) to submit evidence backing your title. Also there is a task force (Mounties) un-uniformed obviously walking cruise nights and car events jotting down VIN numbers and car notes, then latter punching them in for examination. They will and intend to pull some of the road unless they comply. A good friend of mine has already received a notice in the mail. This may seem like some sort of blitz crack down or govt cash cow.....but it is real. BE PREPARED