View Single Post
Old 03-25-2008, 07:59 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: BDR # 126/ K. Craft 306 CID/375 HP- 306 RWHP
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr0077 View Post
Pete, Randy and anyone else that has gone through this successfully, please email me at kcs1944@gmail.com or call me at 702/304-1508. I've been to the Flamingo and Decatur DMV offices a total of 8 times already, and still need at least 3 more trips according to them (one to someone to certify what year my motor is, one to Sahara emissions lab to verify it meets smog or is exempt, and one more to DMV to get title and registration). Particularly, did you guys have pre-1968 motors and did you get an "EXEMPT" rating? They are saying that if the motor is not pre-1968 it has to meet smog requirements. Is there a number in Carson City that can explain this to either me or them?
Thanks in advance.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------I just did mine last week at the North LV DMV on N. Decatur & Deer Springs. Here is what I went through but DID get it done. If the Replica form I attached does not show, look at my thread " Got Plate?" You'll be able to pull it up! Good Luck!

I finally got my plates. Let me give you a quick go over on what I had to do. Went to the vehicle inspection station at DMV for a VIN check. The guy knew about the law & printed the replica form which I am gonna attach. I had to go to an independent auto shop for a Mickey mouse inspection.....lights, signals, E brake, horn, wipers, that sort of thing. $50 & I was golden. Back to DMV & the inspection station. The guy signed all the papers & said he had to list my vehicle as a 2006, because that was the date on the title of when the title was issued, which makes absolutely no sense! But, he said it would not matter because of the Replica law, emissions would still be exempt, so I said OK. Went into DMV & got some girl who nothing. All said and done, after she spoke with her supervisor, she tells me I may need to get the car smogged because the car is listed as a 2006 model! I told her that the whole reason behind the replica law is to be emissions exempt!! DUH!!
Anyway got my plates!! She told me that they may send a letter or call about the smog. If they get in touch with me, I will have to speak to the right person. I am not worried about it! Car is listed on the reggi as a 2006 ASVE.....assembled vehicle!

Kinda stupid how uninformed these people are!

The 100 car thing is per year! I guess from Jan to Dec. The girl at the counter did not know.

There it is a little small though. You may be able to open it, save it, & hopefully SEE it!!
Attached Thumbnails

" Listen to that music! "

'65 BDR #126
'84 Porsche 928S
'01 Corvette C5 coupe
'99 Ford Explorer Limited