View Single Post
Old 03-25-2008, 05:14 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by philminotti View Post
If you REALLY want a comprehensive review of the FE intakes and their performance differences as tested on one engine (compared apples to apples), go to fordfe.com and do a search on "intake comparison" or something similar. The thread author is Jay Brown, and he is without question the single authority on this particular question.

phil

His tests were on a stock stroke 428 with stock, mildly cleaned up CJ heads and much tamer cams as I recall. Those results will hold little to no value being compared to a 482, especially if the 482 has a set of stage II CNC'd heads with a stout hydraulic roller. The intake that flowed gang-busters for the 428 in Jay's test might very well fall flat on it's face at 4500 rpms on the 482. Look to Gessford, Barry R or Keth Craft for the real intake deal on the big inch strokers. As mentioned before I think the Blue Thunder (which I run) will marginally, if any, out perform the RPM. The Blue thunder is a much better clone of the original 427MR 1X4 dual plane than the RPM . The RPM will yield a better bang for the buck.

Dave