View Single Post
Old 03-31-2008, 09:05 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Contemporary CCX33849 (currently 460)
Not Ranked     
Default Just being the first to pull the grenade Pin.....

Hey everyone,

I had a great time this year as I always do and the Austin bunch did a bang up job with the planning like they always do, but I woke up this morning and put on my asbestos undies so here it goes....

We have out grown the hotel and frankly I think we have worn out our welcome. It's a shame since now that all the construction is done, the traffic is a non issue but the way we were treated this time by the hotel management shows that it's time to move the party.

I am not that familiar with Austin but would be more than willing to come over for a weekend and help scout new locations.

I'd like to suggest checking out a smaller town like they use for the London cobra show (Ohio it think). Some place that we might make a positive impact on their yearly economy and be welcomed.

The Houston group used a KOA campsite in Conroe for our October meet last year. We all thought Mark had lost his marbles when he suggested it but we were plesantly surprised. They had very nice cabins for us to rent and they are set up for RV's so trailer parking wasn't an issure. They gave us a golf cart to get around in and a party room at no additional charge. There is bound to be something like that around the lakes.

I think the flaming will be less severe than it would have been in the past as I talked to quite a number of people that were dissatisfied with the Hotel management. The members I spoke with included people from Houston, Dallas and Austin.

Let the discussion begin.