View Single Post
Old 03-31-2008, 09:21 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Count me in as one that is ready to move. I'll be dealing with the service issues I encountered directly with Marriott. But Alan and I have already discussed staying off site next year if we are back at the Marriott. We usually have breakfast there before heading out and Alan's comment was "I'm not giving them another dime."

When we started out there, they needed us for weekend business. And if you recall, we pretty much had the hotel to ourselves a couple of years. Then we had the soccer kids in town. And this year there was the wedding. (I'm still wondering what kind of ordinance Round Rock has that makes it illegal to eat Hooters in a parking lot). So they don't need us anymore. And we aren't eating there anymore, which probably makes them cranky.

I'm open to all kinds of ideas, not just hotels. Heck, I was even looking at the trailer wondering if we could put a couple of cots in it and just find a field somewhere.

Dee, I know you don't want to move, and have spent a lot of time looking for alternatives and have expressed that you think this is our best/only option. Unfortunately, they made it extremely clear that they don't want us to come back next year. Even if the group decides they are willing to go back, we need a plan in place in the event the hotel says they won't book us. Or will book us only if there's no outside food/beverage brought in. Or that we park the trailers offsite. Or that we can't congregate in the lot. Things that aren't conducive to our event.