View Single Post
Old 03-31-2008, 01:02 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: LS427, Keith Craft 408, TKO-600, 370 Rear-End
Not Ranked     

I have talked for over a year now about one of the most fantastic cruises, if not the best, in the state of Texas; from Bandera west on Hwy 16 to Vanderpool, north on Ranch Road 187 to Hwy 39 into the west side of Kerrville (crossing the Guadalupe River at least a half a dozen times / not to mention at least a dozen good swimming holes along the way). Then leaving Kernville on Hwy 19 to Fredericksburg then to Lukenbach on FM 13276 and on to Boerne then back to Bandera on Hwy 46 / 16.

Ann and I were in Bandera a several weeks ago and not only did the cruise in our Corvette but talked to Mr. Reese the owner of Old Town Square Hotel in Bandera about hosting a small Cobra group, 10 couples / cars, for a cruise in late May / early June and he was very receptive and had Sandra his hotel manager contact me for the details of my request.

After reading the post today I called Sandra and gave her a brief overview of what we would require for our event and the dates. She responded that they had a complex that she referred to as “Mansfield Park” about a mile out of town and thought that would work for our function. It is a ball park / rodeo arena / baseball park. They host large biker groups on a regular basis and for the most part turn over the town to the function. She is going to do a little research and get back to me in a few days.

Question, would this venue / location be acceptable? If so we could scout the location in early June.

Gary

“Not a worry in the world a cold beer in my hand life is good today, life is good today”