View Single Post
Old 03-31-2008, 01:05 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 427 SC - #463 - 427 SOHC
Not Ranked     
Default Event Location

To All,

I am in complete agreement with finding another location for our spring event.

It became very obvious to me on Thursday night that we had outgrown the parking lot.................last year was marginal...........this year we had outgrown the lot.

The other problems that manifested themselves this year......from the treatment of our group by the management of the hotel and reports/complaints made to me by the group members have made it obvious that we need another venue for our event.

I intend to discuss all of this with my contact at the hotel............the person I have been dealing with since we started at this site...... to see if we are getting the correct message from the hotel............I just want to hear it exactly from the hotel management...........what were/are the problems or current objections to this event being hosted at the hotel.

Irregardless of what they say.................I definitely have surmised that the hotel/parking is no longer sufficient for our needs.

Everyone in the Austin group feels the same way.................we WILL HAVE a new location for our event next year!!!

We will be actively searching for another location for next year.............we WILL find another place that appreciates the income that flows to them as a result of hosting our event!!!!!

Our thanks to all who attended this year...........for all the effort/work put in by all................this year was by far the biggest event that we have had.........lots of new cars/members...........this wonderful group is expanding by leaps and bounds...........don't you just LOVE it???

Dee Walters/Cammer