View Single Post
Old 04-01-2008, 06:58 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Lone Star Classics / Roush 427 SR
Not Ranked     

Although I heard about many more problems with the hotel, I only reported my personal experiences about checking in and parking.
When I arrived at 9:30 Wednesday morning there was one parking space (for a car and trailer) in the entire lot and I took it. It was on the west side of the hotel. There was one other trailer in the parking lot when I arrived and I parked about two spaces down from him.
I spoke with the front desk and they told me that many of the folks in the lot were at a seminar and would be leaving by noon - and they did. I also inquired about early check-in. There was none available then.
About noon I was able to move over to the area where the trailers were supposed to park when folks started leaving the seminar. It was very difficult to get a spot to park a trailer. We had to have the motor running and move in before another single car came in blocking the two spaces needed.
About the same time I was parking , the Austin Club started trying to keep folks out of the area that ended up being the Cobra lot (north east side) and the trailer lot (north side). Without their efforts we would not have had an event. They took a lot of verbal abuse from folks who wanted to park in the future Cobra and trailer lot.
The large tractor trailer rigs had to park across the street until the cars left the lot allowing them room to park.
I tried to check in on numerous occassions that afternoon and could not get a room until about 5 PM. I know a few were able to get rooms before that, several as early as 11 AM, but I was not able to.
It appeared that most of the parking problems were cars left over from the seminar attendees. I know there were at least five that blocked trailer parking until after 5 Thursday afternoon. One was not moved until Friday morning about 9.
I had to move my rig at least four times Thursday to allow others access to the parking spaces. My trailer and tow vehicle were about 5 feet longer than two spaces and extended into a driveway. Many others had the same problem and if the vehicle driver was not around to move forward or back, one driveway was blocked.
Jody
Roush #1
Lone Star Classics
Roush Edition #01
Roush 427 SR #444