View Single Post
Old 04-06-2008, 09:50 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Michel, build as mentioned has gone slow. I have done a pre fit with most of the sheet metal and drilled all the holes. Did a pre fit of the motor and tranny c/w headers. One problem I came across was the drivers side header was to long and interfered with the body so I had to get it shorten. I have now torn it all down and starting to put it back together in a final state. I have made some minor modifications, like a small compartment in the trunk just over the diff for tools or something. After seeing the clearance on the passenger foot box and the headers I made the footbox 2" wider, more comfort. I am also having to build some kind of heat shield to protect the master cylinders. I expect the big block to throw off a fair amount of heat and I don't want the fluid in the masters to boil.

Outside of the header problem which Don said he will compensate me, the only other issue was when the package arrived the body had sustained some damage. Don came through and shipped a new body. I have to admit when it comes to customer service Don has been very good, no complaints.

Good luck and stay in contact. Still surprized there hasn't been more chatter from other owners.

Last edited by Hawkeye; 04-07-2008 at 07:42 AM..