View Single Post
Old 04-07-2008, 03:40 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make & Engine: D&D Cobra,302 stock for now,IRS
Send a message via Yahoo to michel schryer
Default Hey cousin!

Hawkeye,nice to see your progressing on your build.My kit was OK when it arrived,mind you i'm just 6-7 hours from Don. I did the inventory last friday and stuff was missing but i spoke with Don and he will ship the rest whenever he can. I have yet to build a body buck this week-end so i can see what's underneath that fiberglass body.
I don't think the hydraulic fluid would boil in your masters,did you talk to some people about that. It probably has a high boiling point otherwise when you brake hard with the heat generated,the brakes would fade. It's another mode that take more time. I will look at the foot boxes as well,maybe expand where i can after the engine and tranny will be in for mock-up. It's kinda tight in there with the seats. Lots of modes to do but it will be fun.Keep in touch and let me know of your problems,we'll try to share but your ahead of me and i don't think i'm in a big hurry to finish 'cause i could be anal at times but i want to keep it simple. Cheers!

Michel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
Michel, build as mentioned has gone slow. I have done a pre fit with most of the sheet metal and drilled all the holes. Did a pre fit of the motor and tranny c/w headers. One problem I came across was the drivers side header was to long and interfered with the body so I had to get it shorten. I have now torn it all down and starting to put it back together in a final state. I have made some minor modifications, like a small compartment in the trunk just over the diff for tools or something. After seeing the clearance on the passenger foot box and the headers I made the footbox 2" wider, more comfort. I am also having to build some kind of heat shield to protect the master cylinders. I expect the big block to throw off a fair amount of heat and I don't want the fluid in the masters to boil.

Outside of the header problem which Don said he will compensate me, the only other issue was when the package arrived the body had sustained some damage. Don came through and shipped a new body. I have to admit when it comes to customer service Don has been very good, no complaints.

Good luck and stay in contact. Still surprized there hasn't been more chatter from other owners.