Thread: Dash layout
View Single Post
Old 04-08-2008, 11:34 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: G-Force Mk I, 5L Windsor, TKO 600, enhanced Jag / Koni suspension & LSD Diff.
Not Ranked     

I think there is a dash picture in my gallery, not sure how to do the link to it here. But space is an issue running modern column shrouds and steering wheels.

Didn't want to lose the vision of my good gauges to the right hand side of the column, in that dark space next to the door so, like tenrocca the two large gauges next to each other and the five small in the middle.

Depends on the look you like and what you want to achieve. Functionality was one of my wants, so a gauge tucked away in a hard to see spot just wasn't what I wanted.

I printed out a number of layouts and studied them till I had a prefered option. Another trick I did was to photograph the gauge faces, print out to size match the actual gauge diameters and then just layed them out in my preferred patterns.

If you can do this on an insitu blank dash, you will be as close to actual as you can get. A bit of work I know but then you wont be disappointed later.

Cheers

ps who can tell me how to post a link to pics in my gallery?

pps beaten by Mike by a nat's something, but eliminate his lowest small gauge and that is my layout too. Maybe I liked Mike's set up I can't recall now.

Last edited by stephen low; 04-08-2008 at 11:40 PM..