View Single Post
Old 04-10-2008, 04:06 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shell Valley Roadster,428FE, 2X4's; 1966 GT 350 Clone; 1968 Shelby GT-350
Not Ranked     
Default Mid-Ohio Driving School Waiver

Hello All,
I am signed up to attend the 3-day Accura High Performance Course in a couple of weeks because my Cobra will be finished and on the road in a couple months and I hope to learn the skills that will help me operate it safely. I also want to get my competition card sometime in the future. I have never taken a course from a racing school and was wondering if the liability waiver they want me to sign is industry standard or something I should shy away from and find another school. Most of it seems to be standard boiler plate about them taking no responsibility for anything with the exception of wanting a credit card number to charge if their car gets damaged in some way ( One waiver is for up to $3,500 per car and the other is for up to $5,000 per car). I am paying more to use their car.Don't they have insurance to cover damage to their school cars ? Maybe I am reading too much into this thing. Does anyone have experience with the Mid-Ohio School and know about these waivers? Thanks.........