Old 04-12-2008, 04:57 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
Original Shelby Owner

Cobra Make, Engine: 31XX Car
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nedsel View Post
Mike, I'm thinking that if you haven't heard from your old-tech paint supplier in the UK recently, chances are the volatile compounds in the formula have attacked his brain cells. He likely has no idea who you are anymore, much less how to contact you. How sad. Guess it's water-based paint for your Cobra.
I think I'll have to exhaust this one a bit more before I cave in and use the tacky new paint systems. There's something about the elegance of the original hand rubbed lacquer that keeps with the character. Spraying modern 2 stage urethane on an old vintage sports car is a bit like putting vinyl siding on a house of any significance. All the most exotic marques back in the day used the nitrocellulose lacquer, like Ferrari, Rolls Royce, etc and the top purist owners with those cars today pride themselves on the original paint systems used to bring the cars properly back to where they were. The guy that I'm waiting to hear back from is an intermediary who will simply be acquiring the paint from the supplier to ship it over, so I may need to find someone else to help if this fellow doesn't go anywhere.