View Single Post
Old 04-17-2008, 05:48 AM
Renegade Nuns on Wheels
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique 427 roadster with 351C-4B
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdorman View Post
Doing some upgrades Clois? 15" will generally accommodate no more then a 12.19" rotor and not all will. You will have to measure to be sure and don't forget about the wheel weights if there are some sticking inside the rim. I like the wilwoods because they are reasonably priced, well made and readily available. There are a number of other really good, arguably better (such as AP who I am huge fan of), manufacturers out there but wilwood works for me. I like curved vein rotors of sufficient mass (since wheel is a limiting factor, you are looking to go wider), large pad surfaces and differentially sized multi piston calipers. If you are going to do some upgrades, take some measurements (temps etc) from your current system before you begin. IMO, chassis setup is #1.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPF1061 View Post
Hi Clois,
Here's a link to the custom setup that Dennis Olthoff sells.

http://www.olthoff-racing.com/goodies.php?start=16

This is what Hal has on his car and what I've got on 1061. It's a nice setup.
Steve
I see that Dennis and I think alike. That appears to be the GNIII caliper with the differential piston bore, six piston (read BIG pads), curved vien rotor which looks to be the HD series, 12.19" by 1.250 thick (an increase of .2 in thickness over the 1.050 and more mass) and a steel mounting bracket. Many folks sell and use and aluminum mounting bracket and I flat out don't approve. You can get the same setup with a 1.38 inch rotor that would add about 17% more mass if need be. Personally, I don't look beyond Wilwood or AP unless I have to. Wilwood for a more budget friendly weekend warrior and AP for all out racing. Not all the products are great. Such as Wilwood clutch slave which must be someones idea of a joke. Sure, they work but whom ever designed it needs to go back to school!

OhioCobraClub.com
LondonCobraShow.com