View Single Post
Old 04-18-2008, 10:04 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
If anyone has used a remanufactured carb, where did you get it and are/were you happy with it?
Yes
Auto Zone
Yes

Some years ago I sent off my 750 to one of the so called carb experts to do his magic on it (he only ruined a prefectly good 750), and the 7 day turn-a-round turned into three weeks, so, I went to Auto Zone and asked about a rebuilt carb. They had 3 or 4 Holley 600 vac.sec. rebuilt carbs on the shelf, very inexpensive, so I bought one to put on my car to get by till I got my 750 back...
Turns out, it was one of the best carbs I ever owned, ran perfect rright out of the box and after much anguish with a highly modified piece of junk 750, I put the rebuilt 600 back on the car and ran it for years...never had a problem with it... then a buddy gave me an old 600 double pumper he was throwing away, I rebuilt that one myself and it has been on the car for 5 or 6 years now....ended up letting a buddy "use" the rebuilt 600 and I've not seen it since, only been 4 years now, guess I'll never see it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

David