View Single Post
Old 04-22-2008, 04:29 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Not a chance

xracerbob. Not a chance. There is a reason that NHRA and some other Racing programs do not allow this bell housing. It is not certified. Lakewood keeps the parts inside period. I didnot cut the bottom of my bell housing in my cobra. 4 1/4" is enough to clear any autocross, or roadtrack. My street have high man hole covers ,I just drive around them. QT is for dirttrack and some cars running multi clutches with SMALL discs,6-8" not the big 40 lb iron flywheels with 11.5 assemblies. I have Lakewoods on 4 of my jeeps and cars. Saving 20 lbs off your car is about going .0005 second faster. If your legs and feet are worth that, Fine. I'm sure you could talk to any military soldier back from overseas that got hit with an IUD mine and lost legs mine have a different opinion about how much his legs are worth and walking and playing with his kids. I have seen these guys first hand in the hospitals. Its Your car, your money, your safety. 30+ year of racing, I have seen more accidents and blown parts than almost anyone on this forum. To date no lakewood has not allowed a blown clutch to come out through the bellhousing itself that was certified and kept up to code from structurial design failure. You do it your way, I will do it a different and safer way. Rick L.