View Single Post
Old 04-22-2008, 03:39 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Thanks for clearing up the questions

QUICKTIME Ross,Thanks for explaining the certified issue. In the future I hope you come out with a certified bell for an FE with a G-force 5 speed. There are many people running the 5 spds because of the overdrive 5th gear. On my next motor if you are certified by then I may try your bellhousing with a streettwin for Mcleod. My MAIN concern is safety, and the wording used for your bellhousing is questionable. Your bell design looks like the orginial cobra NHRA bellhousing. I don't care if your bell housing is 20 pounds lighter, (this is a nice thing) but that it can contain a flywheel explodsion. There are guys driving cobras and other FE motors that are making 700+ HP and running 4 spd trans. Having all them certified would have stopped this thread on the first page. Like you said down the road, have only certified bellhousings IMO is the only way to go. If you can aford a cobra and a built FE motor, the little extra money is a mute issue or foolish for someone saving a dollar on safety. This will have everybody sleep better and not every worry about loosing a leg or toes. Ross in the future how about coming on here and tell us what is new, updated designs for things, and the correct numbers for motor and trans combo and if there are any modifications needed for the install. You would have to go in the manufacture area and any info would help us all. Rick Lake, possible future owner of a quicktime bellhousing.