Thread: Serpent Express
View Single Post
Old 04-28-2008, 12:40 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR 3850, 95 Cobra 5.0 EFI, IRS, Pin Drive 15" real Magnesium Halibrands & Vintage Wheels, Billboards & Mickey Thompson S/T tires, Blue/Wht Stripes, Hoops, CSX Dash, Konis, VPMs, Torsen
Not Ranked     
Default items

Couple comments:

1. Towing In D (using OD). I too have heard the rumor to not use od when towing. I have towed with the same Explorer for over 4 years. OD is used all the time. Revs 1500-2800 typical. Speeds 65-75 typical. Tranny now has 173,000+ miles and still like to tow. Go figure.

2. The SE Jack handle: that is a very good practice, crank it all the way up to the stop and put some force there; it won't unwind that way.

3. The SE cover tightness. The frame wants to be tightened from time to time. the cover wants to be tight and wrinkle free as much as possible. The fittings are adjustable 3 ways: taller, wider, or longer. Look at the cover and adjust accordingly. Make the seams straight with the frame. The easiest way to adjust is using a heavy hammer and a 2x4 about 18" long. Lossen the fitting a little; apply a whack or two. I mark the tubing w a marker so the when the fitting moves, the distance can be seen. 1/4" movement makes a surprising difference in tightness. "Keep you cover tight"!!