View Single Post
Old 05-01-2008, 07:44 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RMC under re-construction, GenIV with tremec 600, Jag 3.31 L/S diff
Not Ranked     

Now Now uncle Al, Ya turned into one cranky, crusty, one eyed Ford boy havn't ya!.

Are you talking about the aussie designed and made, super reliable, designed about a century ago , iron block in line 6 cylinder which is rumored to be out of production in the next couple of years. excellent engine that it is.

Actually, would you believe, I am of the opinion that very engine would go awfully well in a cobra. Cept for the exhaust note.

So, it stand to question, if you love this said engine, why did you not put it in your cobra?.

don't tell me....
let me guess....

A cobra has got to have a V8 ... even if only for the exhaust noise...and you managed to obtain a nice 347ci windsor based engine ..a very nice engine...with a bluddy 'orrible lookin intake system.

I however love the old versions...the proper cobra ones with a carby or two sitting on a dual plane manifold...a distributor on the front and one coil hangin off the side.

If I can't have me carby's and have to put up with funny lookin manifolds, injectors, coil packs, and ecu's, none of which looks anything like wot lives in a real cobra then all bets are off.

If I'm gonna be forced into the modern age then I'm gonna choose the best modern engine I can. Made of modern metals and plastics to go in my plastic cobra replica.

If originality can't be had then all's left is mindblowing performance. I believe I've got that.

Cheers ya cheeky bugga.