Thread: Differentials
View Single Post
Old 09-25-2001, 12:28 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Rat Rod Racer, LS1 & T56
Not Ranked     

The rear sway bar is an option on the Fords and my diff didn't have one. I can buy the whole rear swaybar set up new from Ford for under $300 so i might put it in. Ian makes a sway bar for the front that I'll probably use. It can be fitted later as the mounts are already there.

I'm using the standard Jag and Ford brakes for the moment I've just drilled and slotted some new Jag rotors (see the pic). I'll probably give the rears the same treatment. When the car's on the road and I can afford it I'll machine up some brackets for some lighter 4 pot calipers and bigger discs. The stock Jag 4 pot callipers are huge and should provide good braking performance in the meantime.

The standard Ford control arms are retained and bolt directly to the chassis with revised geometry. The cradle you see everything bolted to is not used (I gave mine back to the wrecker). I'm in the process of sandblasting and repainting everything at the moment. I'm painting all my suspension components a nice gun metal grey colour which will look good through the wheels and from underneath.

Cheers