View Single Post
Old 05-06-2008, 11:09 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: HARRISON, FORD 302, SOLD
Not Ranked     
Default Where to start

Hi Guys

The Harrison has arrived, #32 which left the factory 08/03.

Basically the car has front and rear ends completed with king springs over avo shocks, Hallibrand/Advan tyre combo, hopper stopper brake upgrade up front and Nissan's on the rear. It has the windscreen fitted and that's about it.

After studying it for ages trying to decide where to start I've a few questions;

1. The R32 rear end has just been bolted up with no reconditioning so I'm pulling it out, cleaning it up and painting it for a start. There's a few obvious cracks in the rubber mounts that bolt it up into the chassis and also splits in rubber boots over a knuckle or two.
What has everyone else done to reco the rear end? Anything obvious that should be replaced, especially unseen areas like the diff? Apart from turning it by hand to check it, is it worth pulling it down?

2. I want to get the brake lines sorted out under the car but was considering lining the underside of the tranny tunnel up to the firewall first. Warrick tells me that not everyone does this, I'd have thought that with noise and heat considerations that it'd be necessary. I was going to use aluminium sheet and then pack insulation in between chassis members before fixing the internal lining. I see from the forum that a few guys have done a beautiful job of this (aka Tenrocca) Has everyone else done this?

Cheers