View Single Post
Old 05-09-2008, 08:41 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make & Engine: B&B cobra (sold), Hurricane HMS1002 (sold), Kirkham 289 FIA, (sold) RCR GT 40(sold) SPF GT40 2122(sold) Hurricane HMS2002, (sold) RCR SLC (sold) GTR on the way!

You can always give me a call. I will be happy to answer your questions. I will tell you that you can get an RCR built to the quality and completeness of the SPF for around 65K. The RCR will accept many different transaxles and it is larger on the inside due to the reuduced size of the side sponsoons. I could not drive the SPF, I just didn't fit but I am all legs. The SPF has a more original chassis, although my polished aluminum chassis will hold its own at many shows. The exterior is just as original as the SPF. They were both splashed off of original cars. I don't think there is 40k difference. The RCR is a roller when you get it and it will need to be put together and painted for the $45,000 price. I have a ton of time in my car. I personally like the idea of building the car to fit my personal taste but it will take you awhile to get it done. The SPF is basically finished when you get it, but like I said, Fran at RCR will finish the car for you. The RCR is easy to set up. I have checked corner weights and bump steer and it is all with in a very tight spec. I have the numbers for everyone to see. I have not seen these numbers posted anywhere from any other manufacturer. I would want to see that info before I bought anything. I really do like all the detail in an SPF. They build a very nice car. I think it comes down to what you want to own and how much you want to spend. Let me know if I can answer any questions for you. 618 322 6046.

(Brent, can you resize the picture so the thread is easier to read?)