View Single Post
Old 05-11-2008, 08:08 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: AK1085 (302), HTM111 (427 Comp), CSX2375R (289 Comp) and Scratch 427 S/C
Not Ranked     
Default CCX3-3459 on ebay

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/427-F...m180241464964&

Blurb from owner:
Gentlemen, What I am offering today is the pride and joy of my car collection. This is a 1966 Ford Cobra 427SC Replica with an original NASCAR 427 cubic inch Ford Side Oiler engine. Yes, for those who don’t know the Side Oiler, was designed and built with additional oil passages that go down the side of the block to provide more oil to the main bearing journals, giving additional lubrication and cooling during sustained racing periods. This is the engine that allowed the Ford Cobras to win and dominate the 24 hour Lemans Race and a number of other circuits. ////////////////////////////////////////////// I had this car professionally built for me by a factory distributor about 15 years ago. I have primarily used it as a show car, and today it has less then 6,800 total miles. The car sits and drives perfectly. I wanted the car to look and drive as the originals did, and it does just that. The one picture shown with the car by the ocean was taken in 1998 for inclusion in an exotic car calendar. ////////////////////////////////////////// This car has been registered and driven in the state of California ever since it was built. For those who live in California, you will be happy to know that this car is registered as a 1966 Ford, and it has been inspected and certified by the State Bureau of Automotive Repair (see the photo of the car certificate). It does not require smog inspections, and it does not need to be re-inspected. This is a great car, there is No Reserve. ///////////////// The Car: The body and frame were made by Contemporary Classic Industries, also known as the Contemporary Cobra. These were the best of the replica bodies available at that time, and the molds were made directly from an original 427SC.
Attached Images