View Single Post
Old 05-18-2008, 03:50 PM
Stolen Avitar
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: BDR 1311 428PI
Not Ranked     

Back in the early to mid nineties I worked part time at a place called the Ford Performance Shop in San Antonio TX. The owner of the place knew Jerry and would occasionally get calls from him asking if anything new was going on. At one point we were doing a 9" conversion on a Fox body which was pretty new at the time and Jerry came down to do a story on it. I wound up being around Jerry for about a day and a half while he took pics and wrote down info on the install. My take on Jerry is that the man definitely has no lack of ego, but then that may describe most of us here on this board as well. When it comes to his comments on SAAC and Shelby, I have to say that most of it is true but with the normal Jerry slant. For instance, SAAC is a profit-making business not a club in what we would think of it in a real sense. And when I was a member this statement; "each year they take in more money and give its members less benefits" seemed very true to me. However that "don't bite the hand that feeds you" and “superman” stuff is typical Jerry showmanship. I will say that I don't think that he's in SAI's pocket or anything like that but one should always be aware that he'll have his own agenda in just about anything he writes.

Steve