View Single Post
Old 05-18-2008, 10:47 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 623, 427 S/C Cobra. Ford FE 428 Cobra Jet, Ford Nascar TL 4speed - with a touch of raw; "less is more" theme
Not Ranked     

THANK YOU - TO EVERYONE WHO MADE IT to WSCB. YOU MADE HISTORY! So many great cars too. Wow!

Our sincerest gratitude and appreciation to everyone who attended, participated, spectated, and helped to put WSCB 2008 in the record books of fun.

Right out of the gate:

Track Day was spectacular. Thanks to John and the entire Track Team. John, Gary, Gary, Eric, Karen and all... Great job! Thanks to all the participants for doing a great job on the track; and for keeping the rubber side down! Whew. Weather was good. It could not have been better. Perfect.

Friday Alternate Drive group had a great time. It was good to have that option this year. Thanks to Cindrrr for pulling that together. Great job Cindy!

Friday Night party was fun. Howlin' Alan band did a great job and many of you got up and danced and we drank and had some good fun. Many comments and great feedback about having the party in the garage this year near the cars. Very enjoyable.

Saturday Drive into South Shore Tahoe was really nice. I really enjoyed it too. Chris/CJ428CJ, you did a very nice job at putting it together and pulling it off. Great job!

Car show had great attendance, all the cars on display looked incredible. But, man it was too hot this year so we definitely could have used some cooler weather. Public was definitely staying indoors this year. All in all, it was the best display yet though. Thanks to Mike LaGrone/ERA626 for putting it together and for taking on the award selections. Thanks Mike, we could not have done it without you and your crew.

Saturday Night Party - Great turnout, fun music, dancing, awards, some serious discussion, more dancing and music, and great support from so many of you.

And, Last but not least and most of all, Thanks to you Bob & Linda for being my right and left hands once again, all weekend long. Enjoy your retirement now. Now that your Cobra is sold, maybe we'll figure out how to rent you a Cobra for our future "participant" drive together next time we all meet; whenever or wherever that is.

Oh, Photos: Brent, Dan, Alan, Kevin - really starting to like the teaser photos we are seeing. Very cool. Can't wait to see Dan's big one all stiched together. I know he'll be working on that project for a while if he can pull it off as he planned.

Personal Notes Received - Friends, got the nice notes in/on the car at closing about the current state and future of this group and gathering. Thanks so much for your kind comments and thoughts. I will be emailing you about your kind offers to help and get involved. Your notes meant a lot at closing as we were tearing the place down and closing up WSCB 2008. Thank You.

See Ya Everyone. Time to finish unpacking, and get some rest. Over and out.

CH1

Last edited by decooney; 05-18-2008 at 11:00 PM..