View Single Post
Old 05-31-2008, 07:08 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CSX4000, 427
Not Ranked     

What a great thread. It's about time someone finally asks this question.

first off, whatever you want, buy it used, unless you want a specific color/make, engine,etc.

You have to understand that the reason there are replica's, and I mean that in a sense that the parts are not interchangeable with the original design, is that to produce a cobra identical to the original is usually more expensive than using "off the shelf" parts that are used also for other automobiles. Replica's are really a compromise to the original design, using a different chassis set-up because it is cheaper, and some are cheaper than others. Maybe it's not as good as the original, maybe better, maybe it doesn't matter to you, you need to make that detrmination.

If you want original spec, then CSX4000 and kirkham are your choices. CSX4000 also has the cheaper fiberglass option with the original spec chassis. Aluminum does dent, easily in fact. Although the current Kirkham/aluminum CSX4000 car bodies are stronger than the original, it's still aluminum.

All other cobra's are compromises of the original design, again some good, maybe some not as good. All companies all there to sell you a car, i.e. make money, not necessarily the best designed product, but maybe the best for the money, maybe not.

Have fun, and whatever you do, don;t ruffle anybody's feathers.
"After jumping into an early lead, Miles pitted for no reason. He let the entire field go by before re-entering the race. The crowd was jumping up and down as he stunned the Chevrolet drivers by easily passing the entire field to finish second behind MacDonald's other team Cobra. The Corvette people were completely demoralized."

Last edited by Anthony; 05-31-2008 at 08:07 AM..