Thread: BDR verses SPF
View Single Post
Old 06-01-2008, 08:30 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Owned a BDR and SPF. SPF has every bit as much leg room as the BDR but the SPF has a wider footbox. I had to wear running shoes in the BDR (size 10) to be comfortable. I have no issue in the SPF with any shoes. SPF is adjustable at all 4 corners. SPF has refinements that are not absolute necesities but sure make it nice. For example BDR has a throttle cable that wraps and snakes around to the carburator SPF has a mechanism of shafts and pivot points. My Spf door closing mechanism not only ensures the door stays shuts they do not rattle. Perfect panel alighment from the hood to the trunk. It would be nice if you could find underneath shots of the BDR next to the SPF to see the differences in suspension. The motor mounts in my BDR (earlier) were a complete joke to the ones in my SPF but they never failed. The surround around the radiator ensures all air flow goes through the radiator, BDR not quite as tight, but it never overheated either. BDR uses refurshiped rearends or used too, mine always dripped a little from the speedo pickup that was never used. Hood scoop on SPF completely symetrical, look at a BDR head on, same with side pipe openings. These items may have recently changed on BDR. They are both worth exactly what they cost.