Thread: Spring Rate?
View Single Post
Old 06-03-2008, 08:11 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance, Roush 427R
Not Ranked     

I thought about the sway bars, but I didn't know that it could affect the preload that much. If I disconnect the sway bar and adjust my springs, how do I re-install the sway bar after? Do I use the sway bar to fine tune the preload?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenm4187 View Post
Frank,

I have changed springs and corner weighted mine 4 times in the last few months. I see a little variation but not much. I don't think it is a spring issue.

First, you did not say if you had disconnected the sway bars. Both of the sway bars should be disconnected on one side. You need to make sure you don't have any pre-load on them.

Second, adjust the spring perches on the back shocks so they are the same (from a point of the shock). Then the front ones so they are the same. Then drive the car around the block.

You should be very close from the left side to the right side. Then you can make final adjustments. Try to adjust all of them a little rather than one alot or at least in pairs (LF-RF, LR-RR, RF-RR, LF-LR). I found on my car, that after I adjust the ride height I had to lower the car 2-turns LR-RF and raise it 2-turns RR-LF to get corner weighting at 50%. Reconnect the sway bars, you may need to shim them.

I was not sure what you had done so I hope this helps.

Ken M 2560