View Single Post
Old 06-07-2008, 10:12 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance #2769 Roush 427R Dart Block
Not Ranked     

Keep in mind the BD has 3 series BMW suspension consisting of a BMW rear end made for a 250 hp or less car. It may handle the juice, but it's BMW and was never designed for 500 HP. Also, the front of every other kit or turn-key car has unequal length a arms like any race car, wheras the BMW front end uses struts, like most imports and Mustangs.

In my oppinion the BD would probably ride better than the others, but the manner in which a strut changes the caster/camber during its vertical travel does not allow the tires to stay planted as well as say Superformance or others. Ever seen struts on a real race car?. Also, there will be no real performance upgrades on the BD because ITS A STRUT.The others allow spring rate, and shock variations like Bilstein or QA-1's.

I'm 6-1 with bad knees and find the SPF a lot more comfortable than I thought. The BD does however have more leg room.
I bought an SPF and I'm happy with it. I considered the BD but in the end wanted the A A arm suspension and a hearty Dayna style rear end for the 550 hp Roush even if I never use it. Unless someone crawls under the BD no one would know the difference and if it makes no difference to you, it may be the right car for you.

You'll end up the same money in a kit Factory 5 as the BD, but the resale on the Factory 5 car is lower as..... "would you buy a car someone else BUILT?" Or, would you buy a factory built car that's probably built by pros and is built to factory standards.
The BD is a deal. I think 10K cheaper than my SPF which I picked up in March.

Tough choice...........weigh the positives and negatives. CSX, Superformance, factory 5, ERA, Backdraft, their all good. If I had it to over again and I hit the