View Single Post
Old 06-08-2008, 09:08 AM
Half-Ass Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #732, 428FE (447 CID), TKO600, Solid Flat Tappet Cam, Tons of Aluminum
Not Ranked     

You'll want these. I got them all and I'm glad I did. The only option that you probably don't want is wool carpeting -- it will smell if it gets wet, and moths will eat it. Do get the leather, of course. I won't list anything on the engine or trans., but here's some thoughts on the other stuff:

Outboard braked rear -- this will require an upgrade to the fronts as well. If you're driving mostly on the street you'll want to Doug to use the softer Hawk pads up front otherwise the squeal will annoy you. The avoided nuisance of having to screw with inboard Jag brakes is worth the extra grand or so that it costs.

Quick Release Steering Hub -- not only does it let you adjust the steering wheel, it also makes it easier working under the dash should you need to do that, and eventually you will. Plus, you can really scare the s--- out of your passengers by pulling it off whilst driving and then screaming at the top of your lungs while you hold the wheel out in feigned terror.

Pin Drives -- this is not even up for discussion. Request the stainless steel spinners as well.

Front & Rear Sway Bars -- These do not cost much and provide a worthwhile improvement for your handling.

Original Style Brake Reservoirs -- I love the way they look, but tell Doug not to use the pinch clamps on the rubber hoses. One of mine started leaking, and when I replaced that one, the other five joined in.

Pusher Fans, HD radiator fan, and extra wheel-well venting. You'd be surprised at the heat an FE throws off. Speaking of that, get a heater.

Tripod Lights -- they go with the theme that you set with the reservoirs.

Smiths Gauges -- Coolness factor, and they're reasonably accurate. Passengers always like it when I have to rap my knuckles on one of my Smiths before it will start to work. You know, just like the old WWII bomber movies.

Soft Top & Side Curtains -- You want this done; you don't want to have to do it yourself.

Metal Reflectors -- these things go in the trunk around your brake and tail lights to prevent towels and paper from catching on fire on the hot bulbs.

Hope this helps.