View Single Post
Old 06-09-2008, 11:37 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR, CHP 427w Streetfignter, Injected Venom.Mass-Flo...550 hp , 550 torq..spec pulley sys..
Not Ranked     

Brett, how you doing? Confused yet? It does get interesting, to say the least! I think one thing is for sure........you have a great bunch of resources here to help make a choice. However, the final one comes to you.......and most likely, considering what you have stated.....you won't make a 'bad' one!
I have a FFR Mk3. The difference is......I had mine completely professionally built by someone who builds them as a profession. In that arena.......I actually consider my fortune to be better in some instances than a factory built car! Reason........more individual time on each and every item with extreme attention to detail and safety as well as performance. Now, I will admit......I had no budget and if you know the final tally...you may wince, but after the drive you would know why I went there! It already has 13k+ miles on it after 1 1/2 years and rides on the street just like a dream. We have all the new high performance parts everywhere they were needed. Overkill.......absolutely, but those that know my car appreciate it! I have no squeaks, leaks, or any other issues.....(except the 550 hp and 550 torque running on BFG Radial T/A's). So, you can find a FFR that was built by a pro, which would make it quite a bit different that indiv. built. But you pay for that, trust me! In the end.......any car that has been put to stringent build characteristics will cost!! Just know that budget controls everything. Paying a bit more to get what you want in these cars is worth it, in my and most other's opinions. Many guys can build a great car too. The only thing I was offering in the FFR topic is that you can get one of these in 'pro build' quality as well as SPF, BD , etc.
By the way.......I have ridden in BD, SPF as well, and they are cool cars. If I did not have FFR......I would go SPF.....but I live close to Hillbank Motors.....met Lance STander, and they are great, repeat, great people!!
Hope you get on the road soon..........
Fred Z.