View Single Post
Old 06-11-2008, 09:44 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RUCC, 289 c.i. with a T-5 "Living the Cobra Experience"
Not Ranked     

Jim,

I have not heard from or seen Roger in 3 years nor do I want to. There is no doubt that Roger builds a first rate backbone frame & an excellent body, he is a craftsman when it comes to those things. However, his customer service skills are severely lacking. This has been proven to me & to other customers I know of his that bought a kit from him.

I think he just got in "over his head", took a lot of orders, couldn't keep his employees therefore he got WAY behind on delivering them. After a while, it seemed like he would take out his frustrations on his customers that paid their deposits & were waiting on the product to deliver. It took me almost 18 months just to get the frame so I could start my build. You probably didn't have to deal with this sort of thing since you didn't buy your kit directly from him.

It's a shame, he did build a top notch, quality product, but for some reason couldn't keep his employee's (I think he only had one or two anyway) and it turned out to be a one man shop.

If there wasn't a customer service issue, I would recommend this kit to anyone. My RUCC Cobra rides and handles GREAT and it feels solid all around.

So, answering your question, I don't know if he is still building kits or not, I really don't think so. I know that in the past he would take his Cobra out to Hallett during the Mid America event & sometimes be at the car show on Sunday. Last year I didn't see him there. maybe he'll be there this weekend.

"Living the Cobra Experience"

Last edited by Juggernaut; 06-11-2008 at 09:46 AM.. Reason: Added sentence