View Single Post
Old 06-12-2008, 08:02 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA140, ERA 267, ERA GT2038, ERA FIA 2045, ERAGT2077 ERA2893000EXP
Not Ranked     

decooney:

Just to be clear, I presently have ERAFIA2045 and an almost complete ERAGT2077. My other "children" have gone on to other happy homes. For me, my ERA odyssey has been 25 year joy ride. Each ERA that I have built over the years was never done with the intent of selling... but in each instance that day did eventually come... usually unsolicited. (Cars are cheaper to change than wives). Based upon my experience there is a stronger demand for cars done "in period." Folks that deviate from that often find their cars harder to sell because of the "mods" that they felt compeled to do.

So, in my opinion, one cannot be oblivious to what the "market" is looking for in an ERA or any other car for that matter. I have never built one of these cars as an investment, but I wanted to be sure that when that day did come I could get most if not all of my money out of the car to inable me to go on to the next project. In doing so, I should add, I also aquired my spouse's approval of my motormania activities.

Jim

Last edited by Jim Holden; 06-12-2008 at 08:07 AM..