View Single Post
Old 06-16-2008, 09:22 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Rat Rod Racer, LS1 & T56
Not Ranked     

I'll be happy just to make it to the nationals this year.

It'd be very disapointing to see the class split. By seperating the Ford and Chev powered cars I think it will only create barriers in the club rather than bringing us all together.

Class 3 is for under 7L motors with unlimited mods (except turbos/superchargers). I can't see a 5.7L LS1 or even a 6.0 LS2 L76 having a major advantage under these fairly loose rules apart from perhaps weight but 40 or 50KGs isn't going to be a big factor in this kind of racing. There's already a fairly big difference in Cobra weights depending on Chassis type and level of trim. I don't think the engine weight is a factor that most of would notice too much unless you are comparing a 460 powered Cobra to a LS1. A few KG here and there between a Windsor and a LS motor isn't going to make a lot of difference.

Maybe some darksiders want to have their own competition but I'd rather be mixing it up with everyone else. We've found many times that HP doesn't win races in these cars and the better setup machine will triumph over the unwieldy overpowered monster.

Cheers