View Single Post
Old 06-19-2008, 03:58 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Back to the Master,slave setup

Dangerous Doug I am with the originial setup from ERA. You have to modify the fork but it works just fine after you bleed system. I do have some added silver reflector tape like what ERA installs on all the cars to help with the high temps from racing. My Header tubes are also rapped too to keep the heat temp down in the engine compartment. The only thing I tell you is to stay away from any clutch with sliding weights. There is a limit to how much pressure can be applied to this clutch with weights that slide to increase pressure on the levers of the pressure plate. I believe that the Fork starts to bend and can't over come the pressure plate. I may go with a CTB with the new motor. I am going to the street twin from Mcleod. If not will end up with a smaller multi clutch assembly and then use a CTB for space. I am waiting to see if QT gets the bellhousing certified and stamped for the 498 setup. I really like saving 20 lbs from the car. The smaller bellhousing is nicer also. My car #is 428. You might need a pedal limiter for the CTB bearing. I have seen them over extended and what a mess, not mine. Rick L. I lost your phone number Doug. Send a private e-mail Rick.