View Single Post
Old 06-22-2008, 08:59 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #684, 428 FE, TKO600
Not Ranked     

I'm with Allen on this one. Out of the entire Cobra Community there are, relatively speaking, not that many that faithfully replicate the originals. I have a little bit of trouble castigating anyone because their cars aren't equipped with a 427/428 or 289, a top loader, 15" wheels, a Salisbury with inboard brakes and an aluminum body. If that was what was required to be a replica not many of us would qualify. I know I wouldn't.
Since I know Thomas I'm a little bit biased in his favor. Once you get past the low sloping forehead, beady little eyes and the ears that are of different sizes and heights );-) he is fun to make runs with, and make runs he does. The car is extremely streetable both in town and out. It doesn't overheat in traffic and is very smooth between traffic lights. He'll stay right with everyone else when we get out onto the twistys and has been known to hang back from traffic to give himself enough room to run a set of curves at speed.
In a nutshell, his replica has as much right to the title as about 90% of us, his is just faster than most.
DonC