Thread: Brake ID
View Single Post
Old 06-22-2008, 02:46 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default High temp anti Brake squeak in the red tube

Omathisen Get 2 things to fix the noises. Red a red squeeze bottle of high temp brake squeak stopper. It's a silicone glue that you add to the back of the brake pad. The best way to do this is get a screw driver with a large flat blade, Push the pad back away from the rotor. This is com press the caliper cups back into the caliper. Remove the pad. Wire wheel the back of the pad to remove any rust. Put a thin layer of the silicone on both areas where the cups hit the backing plate. Reinstall the pad. Try not to have any of the sealant come off the plate when installing. Do the same with the inner brake pad with cleaning the plate and a thin coat of sealer. Do the same for the other side. After both side are done apply the brakes to seat the caliper cups. Let sit over night and go for a road test this should stop the brake noises. Putting a THIN coat of high temp silicone grease on the pins that where the brakepads ride on will also help. If you still have a clunking noise there is too much play in the caliper and the brake pad is snapping back and forward in the caliper. If the noise is still there you may have to replace the calipers to stop the noise. My way should fix it. If you have a problem on this call me 732-254-3536 Rick L Ps Permatex makes the brake squeak quieter. It comes in a red or blue bottle