View Single Post
Old 06-22-2008, 03:29 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 289 FIA #2108
Not Ranked     

I'll take the word from Doug/Bob/ERA on the HTOB. I did talk to Doug at ERA, and he said he'd talk me through the setup/installation. I haven't had to ask ERA for much technical help, but this is something I wouldn't want to mess up.

I'll be pulling the original clutch master and line to ship back to ERA. Doug said they'd swap out the clutch master for a different unit, and will shorten and fabricate the line end for me for the new setup.

I'm kind of on a holding pattern with the Cobra build at the time-being. My 5 year-old son was diagnosed with ALL T-cell Leukemia about six weeks ago and I've had little time for anything else other than caring for him and working. I'm actually at the Lucile Packard Children's Hospital at Stanford as I write, and this is my "break". The prognosis is good: he's responding well to the treatment; however---for those of you "not in the know"---chemotherapy is Hell. 5 year-old should be out playing on his rope swing or his zip line, not laying in bed recovering from yet another round of chemotherapy. Sigh...

So, the Cobra: Is the correct part number in Summit Racing the #MCL-1405? Just like to make sure I'm getting the correct unit. I'll purchase my TKO-600 from Fortes in about a week. I still plan on getting my engine installed in August---hopefully. It may drag out a little longer than that given current circumstances, but first things first. I do anticipate standing in line Jan 2 2009 for my SB-100. Oh, and I just purchased a "289 Cobra replica 'road race'" oil pan from Armando. Should come in 3 weeks.

By the way, if anyone is interested in Cameron's progress, you can follow it at:
www.caringbridge.org/visit/cameronking

DD

"You're kidding, right?"