View Single Post
Old 06-29-2008, 02:03 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Street Beast "Grabber Orange"/Silver stripe w/418W 520HP full roller, T5. and: Backdraft #814 RT3B "Black Label" "Magic Black"/Sterling Grey stripe, 408W, full roller, 475HP, T5
Not Ranked     
Default Yes, that's great.

Yes this is an excellent forum for discussion and I do intend to use it as often as I can. I guess it just leaves me wondering about what the other site is for in that case. If this is "the" place for bay area Cobra owners to post and get all their imformation then what is the other site used for?
Oh well, as long as this is the place then I would like to post a few questions that I could really use help with:
1: What are some recomendations from those of you who run built 351 rollers in the 425hp class as to what oil type and weight etc. is good for these engines. I have never owned a Ford engine of this type and have always been a Porsche owner for the past several years. Is it recomended to run synthetic oils in these engines or not? Someone mentioned to me that synthetic oils tend to find/create more leaks/seepage than non systhetics in these engines. Any ideas or comments on that?
2: What is the recomended fluid to run in my Ford world class T-5 tranny?
3: Is there anyone out there who owns a "Street Beast" replica? (I know they seem to be a "dirty word" in the minds of some but if there are any other owners out there I would like to hear from you.)
4: Lastly, Does anyone have any ideas on where to get service on a Cobra if needed or any Cobra oriented shops in the North Bay/Sonoma county area?
Thanks, Don