View Single Post
Old 07-02-2008, 11:30 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF with a 427R Roush
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bartruff1 View Post
Ok, any ideas...I did a search....I have a annoying steering wheel vibration ...not violent or dangerous and I can live with it if I have to, but....the tires, stock 15" have been road force balanced (9.5 on a scale of 10) and inflated to the recommended 18 psi cold....vibration occurs around 65 to 70...doesn't seem to get any worse at higher speeds.....I read people in here that have NO ...that is ZERO vibration... and I have also read that it is a "Superformance thing". Car has 2000 miles. Is there a shop in the Pacific Northwest that is the best at fixing this ? Steering Damper ? Thanks in advance for any advice..

Hopefully you have already resolved your problem. I also have SPO 2028 and had the same problem. I had the wheels computer balenced and got the same shimmy at 60 and up. I then had them Hunter balanced. That's where they put a motor that turns the wheel on the car and then they make the appropriate weight add/removal.

Problem resolved. It has not shimmied since. The Hunter balancing system is really a step back in time. It used to be big in the 60's and 70's until computer balancing came in. However, since our cars are so light, this is really the only way to go.

Good luck.