View Single Post
Old 07-06-2008, 09:36 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP 498
Not Ranked     

I know all that, been in this hobby since my Butler back in 88.
My point, Kirkham is not just another "Kit Car". There is almost 600 out there and I would bet that they have one of the highest percentages "on the road". The bros & Mom kept true to the faith of the car. I see it evolving more into sort of a Chapman (Lotus Fame) thing then a FFR thing. If I dare say a Shelby "Thing". Parts of cars come from overseas to see final assembly in the US as more & more cars are comming out as rollers the standardization is there the quality is there regardless. I think it is time to leave the kit car thing in the dust- Mine is a Kirkham that I personally finished to my tastes. Not a kit car.
Isn't a Shelby simply an AC Bristol finished to Carrol's taste? You will see no poser Cobra Badges on my car. It will say Kirkham (well when they send the badges to me) Lets start the revolution now!
SAAC (which I too sent donation to- yes I am backing them not Shelby) only has us Kirkham people around to monitor the cars and to sell a couple of extra books. They have no loyalty to we band of brothers. Lets continue our support but lets also step up as well.