View Single Post
Old 07-18-2008, 06:32 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Macloft,

Sorry but I disagree with you completely. The gangs and such you refer to are all criminals and most have records. But to say that an honest citizen having a gun won't help them is either just plain uninformed or you are just anti gun. Two times the fact I was carrying has kept me from being attacked. Once by 3 dope dealers who I held until they got a unit there to arrest them and they are long gone. I was walking down the street and they came at me from the other side of the street with knives and iron rods because they thought that I had seen them making a deal. The other time I was in my Cobra when I had it and was driving through town and had to stop at a light. This seedy looking creep with a hunting knife came out into the street telling me to get out of the Fuc**** car, he was taking it. When he saw the 9mm in my lap pointed up over the door he dropped the knife and ran back into an alley. You either have a very naive knowledge of what it is like to have to live around one of the most prolific meth and dope producing regions in the West or are just plain don't comprehend what it is like to have to protect yourself. I have two neighbors who carry and we all have alarm systems. No one has ever bothered our homes, but all of the others around have been broken into so many times they won't buy good stuff any more. Oh, and these dopers have and do shoot at the police too. I would love to live in your fantasy world where everyone treats everyone like they should.
But until that happens, I will continue to carry and to help with the classes.

As for cleaning up our own backyard, I agree with you on that completely. We have no right or place to try and tell the rest of the world how to live.

Ron

View my Miscellaneous Gallery