View Single Post
Old 07-20-2008, 09:43 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR 5546 351w
Not Ranked     

Entdoc,

I have been keeping up the situation since it started because I have Bilsteins on my car. If it was determined that there is an actual problem with the shocks I would do whatever I had to get the issue resolved to my satisfaction. I have not been convinced there is an inherent problem with the shock itself.

From what I've read most of the problems have been installation problems. There have been very few just out of the blue failures. The people that have had issues and called FFR for the most part have been taken care of. Of course not everybody is happy and everybody has not been taken care of to their satisfaction but since I have not been on both sides of that conversation I do not know the details. I am much more apt to take care of a rational customer than one hollering and threatening me with legal action.

I would be more concerned how I have them mounted, whether there was binding in the full range of movement, if I have put some grease under the seals-it on the mounting joint and generally make sure what I do is right.

I don’t normally get involved in this type of discussion because most people have already formed their opinions and no matter what I say they will not change which is exactly why I stayed out of the discussion over at FFCobra.

I do agree FFR should have made an announcement earlier or at least reprinted their findings from the first go around last year, but when you write about “trying new untested options handed out by FFR, none of which were cheap” I have to ask about it. By the way, I’m not trying to come off as an a**hole but I think enough misinformation has been broadcast so far.

I also realize I am in the minority about the shocks but we are entitled to our opinions however wrong they may be in someone elses eyes.

Mike