View Single Post
Old 07-21-2008, 07:07 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Sage Brush Roadsters body, Custom Chassis, SRT-4 Engine
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoofa View Post
I've been making my own body style, I'm into non conventional too. I've been looking for a lighter engine for my next one. That SRT is on my short list. I hope you do it so I can learn from your mistakes!!!!
Depending on your HP goals, the SRT engine is definitely worth looking at. I took a 100% stock engine, added bolt-ons (maily fuel mods) and a bigger turbo (AGP Turbo's GT3076R Kit) and put down 427whp/432tq on pump gas (23psi boost), 491whp/502tq (28psi boost). 28psi boost proved to be too much as the #1 rod decided it had enough and exited "stage right" through the block. But right around 23-25psi and 420-450whp seems to be a good limit as there are alot of cars with stock engines running right there without issue.

Adding aftermarket rods & pistons will take you to the 550-600whp range. And a fully built engine (as I have) will go to 800whp and beyond. It's all a matter of what turbo to run. Currently I have an AGP HP66, but for the next project (be it Cobra or something else) I'm going to drop back to a GT3582R -- still a big enough turbo to go beyond 600whp, but not so big that it's super laggy.

And that body is definitly original... at least I've never seen anything like it. I like it. That's alot more fiberglass work than I want to do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron61 View Post
The body measurements will vary with wheel base. Also you need to figure out which chassis you are going to use to make sure to get a body to fit it. A good person on the site to talk to about this would be Bill Emerson of Emerson's Motorsports as he builds bodies and custom cars. I like your ideas and that would be a bomb once you get it together.
I be building the chassis myself and (obviously) fitting it to what ever body I end up with. Right now I'm wanting to try to picture how the engine is going to fit under the body. Mainly I'm concerned with the height of the body over the engine as I would like to begin working on the turbo manifold, aftercooler placement, and piping before I get a body. But if it's going to be too close, I'm going to have to wait until I do get a body.