View Single Post
Old 07-23-2008, 06:07 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Hello,

Quote:
Would help if you could list everything you want.
This car was a winner and I'd be selling kids if it was still available:

http://www.clubcobra.com/classifieds...duct=759&cat=2

It has most (not all) of my wishlist of items:

Detailed billet throughout and polished stainless and chrome in engine.

Shelby aluminum 427 stroked with over 600hp. Elderbrock heads (shelby?). Low miles on motor. Dual pusher fans for original look, added puller fans good. I'm not sure of pond blocks and need to do additional research. I see that Keith Craft is using them a lot, if shelby's equal/better even if their a little more money, then it's what's I'd prefer. Would like 1150 or so carb with turkey pan, they just look right, but my Contemporary had dual carbs and it's is just fine. Transmission and rear end build to handle a really good motor, even if running the 1/4 mile on 15" mickey thompson slicks with a 10.25 E.T.

The main options are:
Body: brushed or blue with white stripes. However leaning brushed.
Stainless Steel frame, really like the idea that 10 years from now...frame and brushed body will be nice.
Aluminum extras everywhere: hood scoop, door frames, hinges, brackets, pedals, etc...
42 gallon tank (live 100 miles away from 93 or better octane)
Correct wilton wool and leather interior
fire extinguisher system (halon)
coated side pipes (prefer 4" Stainless).
Smith Guages for sure.
Want a soft top as I'd be driving to and from any Cobra events I might attend. Wipers and heater would be nice, but rain-ex and a coat will do just as well. As 99% of the time it will be in storage if such things are needed.
Original vs billet suspension. Love both the originality of the original and the look and weight savings of the new billet offerings from Kirkham.
Hidden modern fuses and MSD ignition.
Knock offs, original dark Mag wheels, would be great!
Good year billboards, but since it's an easy change compaired with the above...who cares.

Thanks for the replies,
Mike