View Single Post
Old 07-27-2008, 03:03 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Scratch built CSX style frame, Carbon fiber body, 393 Stroker, T-bird IRS, T5
Not Ranked     

In the end, you may be better off to buy the chassis from Tim also and fit the engine to it. Should be an easy fit as they fit just about everything else- SB Ford, BB Ford, etc.... Then you would also have the footboxes available, suspension pick up points and geometry would already be figured out, and an easy rear install. The rest, trunk aluminum, cockpit aluminum, dashboard, steering column, and all the millions of little bits and pieces would be easy to figure out and you wouldn't have to reinvent the wheel.
The Sagebrush roadsters body is designed like the originals to fit over the birdcage frame, unlike the "stressed bodies" that are made to stand alone and/or be bonded to a rectangular tube chassis. Big difference in weight and mounting options by time you add it all up.
At least you would know the body would fit and go from there. You will still have the joy of creating the hood, trunk, door hoops and all the mounting hardware, fitting, etc....

Don't ask me how I know all this.......

Bob

Last edited by Three Peaks; 07-27-2008 at 04:26 PM..