Old 07-30-2008, 09:00 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
Original Shelby Owner

Cobra Make, Engine: CSX2321
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by TButtrick View Post
OK.. I've had a few more shots of Teguillllla and I'm ready to contemplate. The pic I posted is of the passenger side wheel. The right of the pic is toward the front. The safety wire has slacked meaning the spinner tightened even more toward the front on right hand threads. My head hurts. Seriously, not trying to buck the system but I believe more of what I see.
Ok, let's start with your comment "I have a loop in the safety wire that I monitor before each drive." I took that to mean you had a loop in the wire around midway and if the loop straightened out the knock-off had moved. The wire in the picture is shown more or less straight showing the knock-off has rotated counter-clockwise which would be "loosen" on right hand threads. What am I missing?

Now that I look at your safety wire a few more questions come to mind. The wire looks rusted. Are you not using stainless steel wire? How is the wire wrapped around the segment of the wheel? Did you drill a hole in the wheel as I don't see the wire going around a segment of the wheel.

http://www.whizwheels.com/Tips/safetywiring.html