View Single Post
Old 07-31-2008, 02:30 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RMC with 6 litre 307KW LS2, Comp Cam, 348rwhp & 532.5 ftlb of torque with 6L80E Tiptronic Transmission
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by sideshow View Post
we finally gotcorrect engine loom from holden

i guess they didnt tell u how complicated the tip tronic set is

they sent u the l76 auto harness its usesles on an l98 titronic

the tip tronic works thru the bcm and then the bcm talks to the pim

then the pim talks to the engine ecu

the tip tornic gbox has the auto ecu inside of the gbox

we spoke to holden and u cannot buy a new bcm for the ve at this stage

and the bcm has very fancy plugs on it so i guess we willneed to buy the dash harness which has the bcm plugs
but i pressume it wont be available to buy yet either

another problem holden didnt tell u is that the ve will not start if the factory stereo is not there so the enigne ecu needs to have security disabled

but we are not sure what tune the guys at holden put in the ecu

like 99% of people out there guys at holden have no idea and did not do their research properly and atleast should have told u these things

but not to worry we are slowly getting thru this and asking alot of questions to our contacts at our holden shop and will be looking for a crashed ve to try get the parts that holden cant supply yet

another thing is the engine and auto has to be all plugged in together then a factory tune be flashed to both the auto and the engine ecu then the enine ecu needs to have the security turned off
so the ecu they supplied was a waste of time removing security cause it might have to be done again if we have to flash both ecus with a holden tune

anyway yr in better hands then those guys at holden down in melb where u got enigne

so hope to have all the stuff in next few months

so not to worry
Thanks Jim,

I was feeling really great this morning until I came in and opened this thread. It's a little like getting the really bad news from your Oncology Doctor.

Not to worry. I know you and Neil will sort it out, but your comment about having the 'all the stuff in the next few months' worries me a bit. I was hoping to be going through rego then.

Baz.