View Single Post
Old 08-08-2008, 03:44 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RMC . 393 Dart alloy block Stroked 351 alloy heads ..all the goodies plus a pre oiler. al
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baz View Post
Geoff,

I can't tell you the specs of the speakers, but Strathfield Car radios, who installed them told me quite emphatically, that I will be able to hear them over the sound of my Side Pipes. 'Side Pipes!' Aren't they a no no too as far as the RTA is concerned. Of course they are, but maybe, some how, they might appear after I get through engineering. My MX5 seats might just make a miraculous re-appearance also

Baz
YEAH That's what it's all about. There are very few cops that know the ADR's Most inspection garage mechanics are terrified to do inspections on "different" cars and as long as mr insurance agrees on the cars' description (get an approved inspection) you're laughing. My engineer ( who is feared by many) vaguely suggested that side pipes would be nice and the sound would be better than the aneamic whistle that it had at inspection.
MIND YOU I am not endorsing such modifications should be done to your vehicle but accessories such as these are very nice .