View Single Post
Old 08-10-2008, 05:59 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Professional Cobra & Streetrod Builder
Send a message via AIM to Double Venom
Not Ranked     
Default Trying to fix what appears to be a large problem

Take this for what it is meant to be, not in any way trying to get greedy or take advantage of anyone. I have researched a full complete professional roll bar tubing bender machine and dies. The cost is going to be just under $2000.00. Since the guy that bought my shop also stole my tubing bender I haven't been able to help people out with their roll bars.

If any number of people want to kick in the cost for the bender, the hydraulics, and the dies, (Total of 2 grand) I will make them the necessary roll bar for just the extra cost of the tubing. This means the two point, three points, or the infamous 4-points. (My favorite).

If this seems fair someone volunteer to be the secretary collect the money, and keep a full record of who invests. One or a dozen makes no difference to me. I can get the ODM tubing 2" inch ODM roll bar material. All roll bars will be two inch. Your only additional cost will be the cost of the tubing and shipping to you.

Sorry, if I had the money I would simply replace my bender then charge for the bars. This way it seems to me everyone will win. I will get the bender, you will get the bar at a huge discount and when everything breaks even then I will charge for the bars.

Thoughts?

If this idea works, by the time the moneyy is collected, the bender and parts arrive, I get what ever tubing is necessary and bend them up, I'm guessing a month before the first bar goes home.

If this is a bad idea to you guys then forget I even came up with it!
DV